This is the User Guide for the Flexible Configuration Management
system which is known as FCM. It is designed to tell you everything
you need to know if you want to develop code which has been configured within
FCM. In addition it also provides the extra information you will need if you
are system manager of a project within FCM.
This guide consists of the following sections:
- System Overview
- A brief description of the main features of FCM.
- Getting Started
- How to start using FCM. It includes a tutorial for you to work through
and familiarise yourself with some FCM activities.
- Code Management System
- How to use the code management system to manage code changes.
- Code Management Working
- Recommended ways of working with the code management system.
- FCM Make
- How to use the make command to invoke the extract and build systems.
- System Administration
- How to configure and maintain a new system within FCM.
- FCM Command Reference
- Detailed information about each of the
- Quick reference
- A quick reference to many useful FCM code management system
- FCM Configuration File
- Detailed definitions of what declarations are allowed in
different FCM configuration files.
The annex also contains further sections relating to some deprecated